Saturday, April 24, 2010

5.6 cm Pelvic Cyst. Should I be freaking out?

I've always been a calm, collected person.


I know a a lot about medicine (especially for a 17 year old), and have never been scared of any medical problem.


I've had numerous chronic pain conditions, insulin resistance, hypoglycemia, back problems, depression, and chronic "feeling like crap".





You'd think not much would phase me, but I am scared S#ITLESS right now.





Last week, during a CT scan for what we thought might be a hernia, they found a 5.6 cm "pelvic cyst" (we're schedualing a pelvic CT to get a better pic).





My grandmother died of ovarian/uterine/cervical cancer.


My aunt had it, it spread to the rest of her body, eventually her brain.


She died.


My mother has had LOTS of cysts.





What is the prevalence of cancerous pelvic cysts in teenagers?


Have any of you had cysts?


How are they removed?


Is removal painful?





Thank you for any answers, your input is VERY appreciated


Sheena

5.6 cm Pelvic Cyst. Should I be freaking out?
First thing, ask for a blood test which I think is a c125 for ovarian cancer. If that is negative, then don't panic, you have a cyst like 90% of women. If it is not causing you pain, then no need to have it removed. If it is uncomfortable, then they can remove it with a small operation, no big cuts, through your belly button. Just ask you doctor. If he immediately says surgery, get another opinion. Always get a second opinion!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment