Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cyst on my dogs head?

My yellow labrador recently my dog has had a cyst on it's head, and at random times it can spew out liquid.





Our vet said that it was a cyst and to squeeze out the liquid but is there anything else we can put on it to help it possibly heal instead of squeezing it.

Cyst on my dogs head?
eewww. that sound gross!





i think a second opinion from another vet would be a good idea. There could be an ointment that will help or maybe the cysts are a symptom of a bigger problem.





either way it sounds painful for the dog ( cyst=giant zit.)





ow!
Reply:Your vet is correct in his advise. I usually just squeeze it gently and then clean it with alcohol on a cotton ball. Some dogs are just prone to them. They are normally harmless and do not need to be removed.


They come and go and sometimes they have something in them and sometimes they don't.


---Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment