Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cyst/bloodclot problem?

I recently had a 13cm cyst removed from my ovary. I am still experiencing pain on my left side, so my dr sent me for an ultrasound. I just got the results back..and have another mass. My dr said they are not sure if it is a blood clot or if it is a cyst, but did say it has cystic properties..so they are sending me for an mri . Do bloodclots have cytic properties??


Also, how fast do these things grow? i had surgery 3 weeks ago...and it seems soo fast for it to have grown back again.





Thanks

Cyst/bloodclot problem?
Clots do not usually have cystic properties, but there is a kind of cyst that can occur that has blood in it that is called an endometrioma or a chocolate cyst. The reason this is called a chocolate cyst is because when this kind of cyst bursts the blood that comes out is brown and old.





As for how fast a cyst grows, most cysts are fluid filled and when they are that means that it's not cancer.





I would recommend talking to your doctor again to ask for further clarification of the results of the ultrasound.





If you have any questions about having an MRI please feel free to e-mail or IM me off site any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment