Saturday, April 24, 2010

OVARIAN CYST, CAN IT MIMIC PREGNANCY? help me?

what would be the symptoms of ovarian cyst, if large would it cause pressure on your back? i've been having these weird pains on my left side from my mid to lower abdomen , also a lot of lower back pain that sometimes runs down my leg, when i lay down i feel a heavy pressure on my left side like if it where being pushed down ive been urinating alot and constipated ( when i have a small bowel movement my stool is very very dark), i am so worried, i've only had sex once, we used a condom and it was 2 days before my period ended, im scared to go to the hospital because i;ve been thinking im pregnant since the day after sex, i dont know i think it would be too much coincidence that i start having these symptoms 7 weeks after my first sex encounter, although cyst run in my family most women in my mothers side have gotten them when they were around my age, my mother also had one, but can it be too much coincidence or is it possible?

OVARIAN CYST, CAN IT MIMIC PREGNANCY? help me?
Well I had two rather large ovarian cyst about 14 months ago..they almost te size of footballs..anyway I never knew they were there for about 10 yrs they hid away on me..the only sign that I had them was that i would have extremely painful periods. Well last year I went to bed christmas night and on christmas morning I woke up in agonizing pain in my lower right back and it was reaching around to my lower right adomen..i went to work thinking ohh this should go away, but it didnt. They ended up calling a family member and rushing me to the er where I spent a better portion of the day. They did blood work and x-rays and nothing showed up in them but when the docter did a Cat Scan and Ultrasound they found the cyst...I would say it is possible or you to have cyst..





Ovarian cysts are very common. Most are related to ovulation and will disappear spontaneously. Cysts are usually diagnosed by vaginal examination or ultrasound. If the cyst persists it should be removed since it can rupture, undergo torsion or may be malignant. Benign cysts can be managed with the laparoscope, although if the cyst turns out to be a cancer it should be removed via a formal laparotomy. Depending on the situation and the age of the woman, the cyst may be removed on its own or the whole ovary may be removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment