Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cyst on Spleen?

I was at the hospital yesterday for throwing up, left sided abdominal pain, fever, headache. The doctor told me that I had gastroentritis along with a bladder infection but the CT scan showed that I had a cyst on my spleen. He said that it looks like its benign and he gave me iv fluids and sent me home with nausea medicine and a antibiotic for the bladder infection. If you could please give me some information on the cyst on my spleen I never had this before...Could this be why I had abdominal discomfort and throwing up along with all of my other symptoms?? Also the throwing up came all of a sudden when I woke up during the night.

Cyst on Spleen?
Actually most spleen cysts do not cause any symptoms, bladder infections however are notorious for making you feel awful. Coupled with gastroenteritis, I'm not surprised you're concerned because you probably feel terrible!





Usually the only time cysts cause problems is when they grow and start to press upon other organs in our bodies. At this point it's time for drainage (if fluid-filled) or removal. Seeing as the doctor spotted it on the CT scan, he probably ruled out that issue. However, do make your primary doctor aware of it so that it can be monitored to ensure it;s not growing.





Hope you feel better soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment