Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cyst or abscess on my face?

Last week I was breaking out a lot on my forehead, for whatever reason. Nothing major, like 2 or 3 pimples. So a week ago I got this lump next to my right eye, kind of on my browbone, but fairly close to the corner of my eye. I thought it was a pimple forming. I have not been able to pop it, there is no head, it is hard, I have had cyst like pimples that aren't this hard and I know this is horrible, but I even tried to stick a needle in it. It will not pop or bleed or anything. I do not think it is a pimple, I think it is a cyst or abcess. What do you think? it is about a half inch long by a quarter of an inch wide. it is like a pebble. I feel like I'm getting a headache from the pressure. Should I wait and go to the Dr or should I hurry and go to the ER. I would feel bad if it is a pimple, but feel like it should be lanced. My mom said don't touch it because it is close to my brain and she doesn't want me to get an infection. HELP.

Cyst or abscess on my face?
I used to have two cysts on my face, one where you have one and one on my lip...messing with them inflames them and causes them to get huge....a dr can remove them or they go away after time......
Reply:Never pop a pimple as this is what spreads the bacteria. Since this is still there you need to see the doc but no you don't need to go to urgent care or ER. Just have you mom get a doc appointment for you and get this treated.


No comments:

Post a Comment