Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cyst on left ovary?

been to my doctor have had an internal examination and have a cyst on my left ovary they think my concern is i look seven months pregnant but have to wait another month for scan also have a dragging feeling down below has anyone else had this can the cyst go on its own in the meantime

Cyst on left ovary?
No sweetheart, cysts cannot disapper or just go on their own. Actually they usually grow bigger, and thats exactly why your doctor is waiting a month for your next ultrasound scan. I also had a cyst on my left ovary for almost 6 months (I had 3 ultrasounds done in that time); the doctor saw it was growing more each time and decided to operate it by laparaotomy (a C-section) a month ago. He had to remove not only the cyst but also the complete ovary because it was black and unfunctional; I will get the pathology results next week. Im still recovering from the surgery right now. I actually was a lot more swollen the 3 weeks following th surgery than what I was before it. If you would like to talk more with me you can contact me by clicking on my avatar. I hope everything goes well with you.
Reply:when i was pregnant i got the regular ultrasound down to make sure everything was okay. when the technician handed me the paper work i read it over and saw that it said i had a cyst on my left ovary. i started to freak out, but managed to keep calm until i saw my doctor again. i asked her about it, and she said it was common among pregnant women. that's all she said and that was the end. nothing more ever happened, so i assumed it went away on its own. and i havent had any problems since.


No comments:

Post a Comment