Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cyst in the mouth? really need answers please!?

I think I may have a cyst on the inside of my mouth. I'm thirteen and I have braces. About a week ago I woke up and brushed my teeth and saw a little bubble on my gum. It has like deflated now and is flat but you can still kind of see it. Are cysts common in the gum? Do you have to get them removed? I'm going to the dentist today.

Cyst in the mouth? really need answers please!?
Definitely ask your dentist about it when you go just to be on the safe side, but it sounds like you just had a blister.





Blisters in the mouth are fairly common for people with braces, especially in areas where food regularly gets caught when you eat, or in areas where rubber bands or headgear connect to the braces themselves. I had really bad problems with blisters in my cheeks from where the brackets rubbed when I had braces. Aside from keeping your braces clean and covering anything that rubs the area with bracket wax there's not much to be done about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment