Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pain after ruptured ovarian cyst?

It has now been 6 days since the docs said I suffered from a ruptured ovarian cyst. I still have extreme pain at times, not on the side they say ruptured, it's all over, like labor pains, the pressure on my pelvic bone is intollerable, and the fullness feeling in the pelvic area is really starting to get annoying. Is this normal? Has anyone else after a ruptured cyst felt this way after almost a week. I know i'm sounding very elementary here, but after 10 yrs of dealing with cysts and many ruptured cysts in that time, i've mever experianced a ruptured like this before. I just want to know if i'm losing it, or if theres been others who have experianced this also. Thanks for your time.

Pain after ruptured ovarian cyst?
I have never had a problem with ruptured cysts but have talked to others who have had this happen and this does not sound normal to me. I would recommend getting back in touch with your doctor to see what they say.
Reply:The pain I had from ruptured cysts (before the big one) could be "controlled" with Thermacare heat wraps after about 4 days and eventually went away. Your current problem is much more serious than anything I went through. Please call the new doctor and talk to the nurse in detail about the pain you are experiencing, as well as the drainage. She might be able to squeeze you in on a cancellation.





Hugs!


1 comment:

  1. I am having a similar problem! The pain gets worse and then better. Now it's been killing all day! I am on about a week since it burst. How long does this pain last and is burning normal? Thanks for the help!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete