Thursday, May 7, 2009

Complex ovarian cyst during pregnancy?

I am 6 weeks pregnant, and during a recent ultrasound, my doctor saw cysts on both ovaries. On my left ovary, she said it was a simple, fluid filled cyst which she wasn't worried about, as they are normal and will shrink on their own. She thinks there may be a 'complex' cyst on my right ovary, and I am going back for another scan to check it again next week. Has anyone had any experience with a complex cyst? Am I more likely to need surgery for that?

Complex ovarian cyst during pregnancy?
Yep i had the same thing. I was 6 weeks pregnant and went to the ER because i had awful pain in my side so i thought i might have had an ectopic pregnancy. So they did a bunch of tests and an ultrasound and found a complex cyst on my right ovary i beleive it was. They gave me some pain meds and sent me home but i never even took the meds, the pain went away eventually and later they told me that it had collapsed on its own. Thats what happened to me and the doctor also said they usually do collapse on their own. Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment