Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cyst removal?

Hi, I had a cyst on my upper forehead and one night I finally just squeezed out the fatty junk inside myself. you really can't notice that the cyst is there anymore but there is a hole where I squeezed the substance out from, a little bigger then an enlarged pore. I know most people would just let it be but the idea of having a "sac" under my forehead disgust me, especially with the hole and everything. Is there any chance a dermatologist can still remove the sac by lancing the cyst or does the flat surface (since it never filled back in) disable the doctor from getting a grip on the sac wall?

Cyst removal?
The doctor should be able to remove the sac. The doctor would have drained the cyst in the first place. A cyst heals from the inside out, so the hole will close up. But it can get infected again and come back (and if it comes back, do NOT squeeze the puss inward for heck's sake, you don't want that stuff in your bloodstream!!! ick!). Go to the doc and have it removed. You'll still end up with a little scar.


No comments:

Post a Comment