Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ovarian Cyst- taking coumadin (blood thinners)?

I am 41 and have had cysts before, removed twice, and on birth control pills till 2005 until I had a blood clot in my lung from the BC pills. I had a large cyst 4 years ago that did shrink then.


I know most cyst are fluid filled, but is there any thing I should worry about, I have an appn't Tues. with OB-GYN. I am really hurting, Darvocet n 100 not working and i am sick to my stomach, back and pelvic pain. If it ruptured and was just fluid filled me being on blood thinners any worries? anyone know?? I am not hungry , thirsty or feel good at all, but our town is small and don't like the ER they think you are an addict if you go in for pain. Guess I am worried because of my blood thinners and if the cyst is not fluid but blood filled. I don't know how likely it is? I have been having symptoms for 2months or so but didn't realize till this month with all the symptoms, UA clear, spotting, heavier period, cramping, upper leg pain and then the low back and low pelvic pain. Anyone to help?

Ovarian Cyst- taking coumadin (blood thinners)?
I know this feeling very well. Since last Oct I have had ovarian cysts.


I had to learn not to lift items that are heavy and not run around like I used too.


My doc didn't seem to concerned about them. He also wanted to put my on the pill and I said noooooooooo, I am 42 and the risks are to high.


I was tired of all this and wanted a hysterectomy, but my doc said no.


At work I really have to watch it. If I am walking like Grocho Marx they know I am in pain. I found that a half of a vicadine pill works fine and takes the edge off to where I can stand up straight.


For the past three months I have really taken it easy so I don't put myself into mega pain. Oh I know your pain!!!


You might want to call nurse direct. I have called them before and they will give you more info to talk with your doctor and they might have info as far as the blood thinners.


As for me I am looking for a new doctor. Good luck hun!!


Link included for a 1-800 number.


No comments:

Post a Comment