Friday, November 20, 2009

Bartholing glnad cyst?

mom has a bartholin gland cyst that has fills and drains over the last 7 years. Sometimes with months assymptomatic. this last drainage left a pink thread like piece of tissue hanging from the drained cyst. she is seeing a dr next week but I'm worried. Anyone ever heard anything like this? Could it be a piece of the cyst sac? I suffer from severe anxiety and this is throwing me over the edge.

Bartholing glnad cyst?
Awe don't worry people get these all the time. What your mom needs to do if she keeps getting these that often is have the gland itself removed. This can be done as an outpatient procedure. The doctor I work with does it all the time on patients who have re-occurring Bartholin Cysts. That is what I would suggest. Instead of having them drained and drained and having them become infected and swollen, forget it, just have them taken out! This is safe and suggested if it is re-occurring.





I can see you being worried with it being your mom but just know it is common, and something that can be easily taken care of. It is a nuisance but not dangerous. I'd hope the Gynecologist she sees suggests that she has those glands taken out.





The thread like tissue could easily be tissue that is healing, since they do make an incision to open up the cyst. I don't see how it could be anything else. Make sure you or your mom bring up the removal of the cysts OK. This will help her greatly and put you more at ease.


No comments:

Post a Comment