Monday, November 16, 2009

Synovial Cyst?

Today I was diagnosed with a left-sided synovial cyst. I've been referred to a Surgeon (appointment not until October 2nd). Has anyone had a synovial cyst and if so, what method of treatment were you administered? Since I've been referred to a Surgeon for a consultation, I believe that surgery is in the future for me. Has anyone had surgery for a synovial cyst? If so, can you describe to me what I can and should expect?





Thanking you all in advance and I apologize if my question totally doesn't even make sense, but I'm scared of surgery, especially on my back because I'm afraid of never walking again.

Synovial Cyst?
Interesting. Synovial fluid is the fluid that lubricates your joints. Im guessing it is similar to a "cyst" that happens in the casing of the joints e.g. your spine in this case. Sometimes the membrane that contains the fluid gets pinched, forming a "cyst". They are seen inthe backs of knees quite often and are very painful. A simple surgery to repair. Talk to your surgeon and write down questions and be sure you understand EXACTLY what it is you have.

street fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment