Friday, November 20, 2009

Ovarian Cyst?

About a month ago i went to the hospital because i was complaining of pressure pain in my pelvic area (i.e. the uterus, lower stomach) and they did a CT scan and noticed clear pelvic fluid and decided it was from a cyst that had ruptured. I then went to my gyno on wednesday and he did my pelvic exam and noticed I had blood at the top of my uterus and I actually started my period 3 hours later but he wanted to do an ultrasound on me a week after i started my period to see my ovaries when they r most enlarged to see if im prone to cysts. The period I had was so bad like I had really bad cramping and the period ended today im pretty sure and I still feel like bloated out like pressure is just sitting there in my pelvic area/lower abdomen. i also feel like im having cramping around that area almost like menstrual cramping at some little times. I also feel like there is a puffiness feeling in the area below my stomach. Could this mean I may have another cyst?

Ovarian Cyst?
Usually women don't ever hear about their cysts, we get that "cramping" pain near our periods when the cyst ruptures but we never know what it is...





When I was a teenager I had what they call poly-cystic ovaries, I'd get more than one cyst at a time (very painful)





Hormonal therapies can do wonders as far as that goes.





To answer your question, yes you could have another cyst but the puffiness doesn't mean that you do, your only clear way to find out is to visit your doctor and they will either do an ultrasound or another medical imaging proceedure to see if there is another cyst.





For the moment all you can do is manage the pain, much like you would during your cramping before or during your period.





Heated Blanket, Warm Bath, Plenty of Rest, Midol or Pamprin (extra strength)
Reply:you need to see a doctor


No comments:

Post a Comment