Friday, November 20, 2009

Is it possible for a cyst to form in the same location that another cyst was removed?

I had a sebaceous cyst surgically removed from my chest 2 months ago. In the exact same that the doctor removed the cyst and the sac, I have what appears to be another cyst. Can a cyst form again since the sac was removed? I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but was just wondering what could this be now.

Is it possible for a cyst to form in the same location that another cyst was removed?
Yes. Especially if the cyst capsule is not removed totally. Are you sure that your doctor was able to remove the capsule? The other reason I can think of is since a sebaceous cyst is a hair follicle that has been obstructed and there is accumulation of sebum, probably hair follicles in the same area or adjacent to the pervious cyst get obstructed again therefore forming another sebaceous cyst.

grappling

No comments:

Post a Comment