Monday, November 16, 2009

Ovarian Cyst and Hot flashes?

A few weeks ago I found out I have a 2.65 cm cyst on my ovary...I have had the symptoms for over 6 weeks now, but I also have hot flashes...are they symptoms of a cyst also? Also I have an IUD place and my dr thinks that the IUD is causing all of my cramping (which feels worse than labor contractions) But why would it only cause pain on one side instead of both? Now I have to go in this week and get the IUD removed (which makes the IUD a total waste of money now..ive had it for 4 weeks) I can't go a day without being in severe pain..and Im sick of it. I just wish drs in WI were smart and would just remove the stupid cyst.

Ovarian Cyst and Hot flashes?
Hot flashes have nothing to do with cysts. You did not say how old you are but maybe its time to have your hormone level get checked to see if, by any chance, you are entering menopause. This can happen to young women too. If the IUD does cause severe cramping it has to be taken out, the doctors cannot predict it before inserting. The doctors must have you checked up every few month because of your cyst, it needs watching to ensure its not malignant.

ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment