Friday, November 20, 2009

Worried about possible ovarian cyst?

"I went to the ER in August b/c I was having an early miscarriage. They did an ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage (which was a blighted ovum), and found I had a 21mm cyst on my right ovary (which made sense b/c I was having sharp shooting pains in my right side and I was worried I had an ectopic pregnancy). They said it was small and functional (possible corpus luteum) and not to worry about it. Got my period about 35 days later (normal for me) and everything was back to normal (no pains). My second cycle post-miscarriage was really weird. When I ovulated (I know when b/c I use a fertility monitor to track my cycle) it was late (day 22) and I had severe bloating and cramping the evening I ovulated, then it went away, but for the 2 weeks before my period I had weird symptoms that made me think I was pregnant (breasts got huge, felt sick to my stomach, etc). And when I did get my period I felt a little throbbing on my right side for the 1st day or so. Then it went away. Now my 3rd post-miscarriage period is due either tomorrow or Monday, and I have felt some little jabs in my right side. I should mention I've been to my OBGyn twice in the last 4 weeks as well as the ER (there was no pain but I was just worrying myself sick b/c I tend to obsess about this kind of stuff and I wanted to be seen asap) and had 3 pelvic exams and was told everything was completely normal and my ovaries felt totally normal and not to worry. But I can't help worrying... do you think the cyst they found on the ultrasound went away and these are all different cysts? Will the cysts keep me from getting PG? Could I have had these all my life and never known? Some info on me that may h


elp- I'm 29, have an 18-month-old son, weigh 130 pounds (small framed), and my younger sister was dx with a functional cyst before that was found via pelvic exam- it went away after a few months. Hubby and I will start trying for #2 in a few weeks so I just want to make sure everything is good to go! Thanks in advance!"

Worried about possible ovarian cyst?
Let it be.Sometimes go to the Gynecologist.
Reply:Sometimes the doctor will give you birth control to regulate your period and sometimes the pills may get rid of the ovarian cysts. That is what the doctor gave me to help me out with my ovarian cysts. Sorry if this does not help, I think I went out of the subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment