Monday, November 16, 2009

Ovarian Cyst Removal : Post Surgery Question about Depression?

Im 19 years old and on Thursday morning I had an ovarian cyst removed through a c-section type incision. My ovary wasn't touched because the cyst was detatched...but it was entangled in my fallupian tube and they had to cut my tube to release the cyst.





It's about 2 days after the surgery and I am in pain. I can't do anything without my stomach hurting, even with the painkillers. The worst part is im feeling depressed, disgusting and bitchy. No one understands how I feel or what it feels like to go through a c-section in my house and my boyfriend has become a tad insensative....or maybe it's just me? I don't know.





Does anyone know when this depression fades away? Or if it's even normal? Is there anything I can do to treat this, like home remodies of stress relievers or something?





Thanks.

Ovarian Cyst Removal : Post Surgery Question about Depression?
Well sweetie, I feel for you. I had the exact same thing happen to me. Although I lost my whole ovary. But the more you walk around and the more you move now, even though you are in pain, the quicker your recovery will be.





You just had major surgery, so your emotions are all out of whack..don't stress about it... you will start feeling back to your old self soon. If you aren't call your doctor and see if they can prescribe something for the depression. It is really hard when no one understands what you are going through. I know that the pain is real and it is really hard to get around...





Take it easy, but be sure to move around as much as you can...ok


I hope you feel better soon:)
Reply:You've just gone through surgery. Not feeling well, coupled with the medications given for anesthesia and the pain medications will wreak havoc on your emotions. It is completely normal. Hopefully as you start to feel better from the surgery and the medication clears your system, you will be doing better. Just try and take it easy. If you need to cry, do it. Who cares what any one else says or thinks!





I hope you feel better soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment