Friday, November 20, 2009

Possible ovarian cyst with continuous brown discharge?

I've had the thick brown discharge for a while now. In the end of november i had laser surgery to remove high grade abnormal cells on cervix. i dont know if thats related to current prob tho. End of december I experienced a sharp sudden pain on lower right abdomen during sex. thought it was a fluke but the same pain recurred during the next 2x having sex. Went to gyn and he said I had possibly ruptured an ovarian cyst during sex (he hadnt detected cyst b4). Was referred to a sonogram (still waiting for the past two weeks for those results). In the meantime i had a period that was a week late. After the period finished I had thick brown discharge that has appeared (significantly) every day for a month until now, when I began my period again today (on time this time) (still a bit brown tho, but its just the beginning). I'm worried that it may be endometriosis or another cyst or something on my uterus.anyone have any thoughts? thought i'd ask while i wait for ultrasound results.

Possible ovarian cyst with continuous brown discharge?
Hello there. Sounds like you have what is called a "chocolate cyst" on your ovary. I had the same thing and it took forever to diagnose. Sometimes they are detectable from an ultrasound, but most of the time they're not. The deep brown discharge you're having is why this specific type of cyst is called a "chocolate cyst". The discharge resembles chocolate. Yuck, I know..


Having sex will irritate it, depending on the exact location. You should rule out an ectopic pregnancy just to be on the safe side. An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy that is present in the fallopian tube, rather than your uterus. A home pregnancy test will confirm a pregnancy - but you should see you're doc if you suspect this.


If you continue to have this dark discharge, and the pain, you should contact your doctor before you get the results back.


A heating pad on the area should help until you can see the doc. Good luck.
Reply:I think it's best if you go see your doctor


best for your health


No comments:

Post a Comment